mark goodger logo

Charles Boyton

Charles Boyton was a London silversmith who was an apprentice William Seaman in 1807 on Hull’s Street. Charles registered his first hallmark at the London Assay Office in 1825. He set up his own workshop at number 12, Europia Place and in 1830 moved to Wellington Street, St. Luke’s. In 1849 the business was taken over by Charles Boyton II and his son Charles Holman Boyton. (Son and Grandson to the founder). In 1933 the business encountered difficulties and a new company was created under the name “Charles Boyton & Son Ltd” which remained in business until 1977. In 1934 Charles Boyton (III) set up on his own to create art deco products that brandished his own signature. He operated until 1948.

Charles Boyton

Charles Boyton was a London silversmith who was an apprentice William Seaman in 1807 on Hull’s Street. Charles registered his first hallmark at the London Assay Office in 1825. He set up his own workshop at number 12, Europia Place and in 1830 moved to Wellington Street, St. Luke’s. In 1849 the business was taken over by Charles Boyton II and his son Charles Holman Boyton. (Son and Grandson to the founder). In 1933 the business encountered difficulties and a new company was created under the name “Charles Boyton & Son Ltd” which remained in business until 1977. In 1934 Charles Boyton (III) set up on his own to create art deco products that brandished his own signature. He operated until 1948.

Showing the single result